Thursday, January 16, 2014

A Dance For Fools by J.A. Lynch with Interview


Interview

1)      First, tell us about yourself – where  you live, your family, and those sorts of details.

Well, I am a thirty-something, married mother of five and we live in Northern Ireland. I am married to my childhood sweetheart and we’ve been together over eighteen years now, and apparently he’d have done less for murder, or so he keeps telling me, haha. I am a very hands on mother, and work entirely around my children’s schedules and love being able to be there for them first thing in the morning and last thing at night.

2)      How long have  you been writing?

I have been writing since I was twelve years old, if truth be told. But professionally, I’ve been writing for about eleven years.

3)      Do you have a favorite place to write?

Yes, my office! It’s the only place that I can concentrate 100%. If I do take my laptop into the living room or kitchen, my attention is always swayed. So my office provides the right working environment for me.

4)      Why did you decide to write A Dance for Fools?

‘A Dance for Fools’ is the second part in my Rose Saga series and it was always imperative to the progressing plot. When I first storyboarded the series, I knew exactly where I wanted to go with the storyline, and A Dance for Fools turned out better than I expected. The plot thickens and is very driven, which adds to the erotic texture of the series.

5)      Who is your favorite character in your book and why?

I love Bianka. I have to. She’s my creation and embodies all the attributes of a strong and powerful woman. She is important in so many ways. While she is is tough, she does have her moments of weaknesses, which only add to her already alluring attraction.

6)      How about your least favorite character?  What makes them less appealing to you?

I despise the King. He is arrogant, pompous, full of entitlement and while he hates Bianka, he secretly fantasizes about her. He is seedy, creepy and is everything I hate in a man.

7)      Do you proofread/edit your own books or do you get someone to do that for you?

I proofread, and edit to the point my revisions are done. Then the script is sent to the in house editor who weaves their magical eyes over the work and I get to approve the finished proof.

8)      What do you like to do when you’re not writing?

I love Law and Order: Criminal Intent and watch back to back episodes. I am also addicted to Blue Bloods and have a new thing for Donnie Wahlberg. TV is my downtime, and obviously I love to devour at least one book a week, and of course there is my husband who is my best friend, he and the children are an added bonus after a stressful writing session.

9)      Do you read much and if so who are your favorite authors?

I read at least one book a week. I am a fast reader and love the thrill of an exciting, engrossing read. I have a varied taste when it comes to books and authors. Some of my favourites are Stephen King, James Patterson, Alice Walker, Richelle Mead, Charlaine Harris, Clive Barker to name a few.

10)   What question do you wish that someone would ask about your book, but nobody has? Write it out here, then answer it.

Why have you chosen to set your story in Hollókő, Hungary?

Most people who know me, know that I go to great depths when I research for my stories/books. Hollókő was the perfect setting for a dark fantasy, erotic based series. It is a beautiful town, enriched with history, and has its own folk tales of vampires, which added to my fondness of setting my story there.


Title: A Dance for Fools
Author: J.A Lynch
Genre: Erotica

Blurb

Bianka, a vampire with an insatiable thirst and desire for the body unlocked Pandora's box when she disposed of Iona, and instead of getting the freedom she desired, she condemned herself to a curse.

With her new found fate as the Rose, comes the responsibility of choosing her own courtesan and fulfilling her pledge to Artemis and the Oracle, but Bianka is hell bent on revenge, and if she can't have her freedom then at least she can play the King and his court for fools.

Of course, nothing is never simple, and as Bianka puts all her energies into revenge, she doesn't see the ensuing chaos that she unleashes.

A dance for fools is only the beginning of the end...

Excerpt

“Bianka!” A distant voice called my name. “Bianka…Bianka wake up.” 
Opening my eyes, I stared at the ceiling of my chamber and let out a long sigh. It was only a dream, another pitiful daydream living out my fantasies of freedom. 
“What is it, Batar?” I murmured.
Throwing himself down on the cushions on the floor beside me, he filled up a goblet of my finest wine and took a swig before brushing his mouth dry with the cuff of his black silken tunic and let out a monstrous belch before speaking.
“The King wishes to know when you intend on choosing your courtesan?” He said before taking another sip of wine. “It has been months since your betrothal to Artemis, surely you know the importance of fulfilling your obligations and taking a virgin from Hollókő?”
Sitting up, I kicked a cushion at him and he scoffed at me grumpily. 
“Yes…yes, I know my obligation to etcetera, etcetera and so on.” I replied portraying every inch the pissed off bitch I had become. 
“Then stop brooding around up here.” He said as he moved up closer beside me and placed a cushion behind his head.  
Looking into his beautiful dark eyes, it was hard to ignore the pull of magnetism that they possessed. He was just delicious, and it seeped from every pore of his body. 
“And what if I were NOT to play the game they expect of me?” I teased.
“Then you, my dear Bianka would have to suffer the consequence.” He whispered as he moved his head next to mine, and kissed the back of my ear. His cool breath sent a little pulse of electricity shooting down my spine. It was a glorious sensation that made me wet at the thought of his touch.
Giggling, I brushed my lips against his and pulled back, playing very hard to get.  
“Oooh, they have penalties? Do enlighten me.” 
Giving me a long lingering look, I could feel his eyes watching my every move, from the slight twitch of my lip to the way my chest rose and fell as I breathed. A rush of heat started in my chest and slowly spread throughout my body, reaching every last limb sending little bolts of adrenaline rushing through me. Batar didn’t say anything. Instead he pushed me back down onto the red and gold cushions and kissed me hard. His lips were rough and smooth, and tasted of wine; they were perfect. He moved them around in circles and my heart swelled. Breaking away his breathing was deep and loud in my ear. He moaned as he pressed his hard body against mine, and letting out a little sigh, I couldn’t resist him any longer.


Author Bio

Fiery Librian Julieanne Lynch is an author of urban fantasy books for both adults and teens. Julieanne lives in Northern Ireland , where she works on her Shadow World novels and other series full-time. Before becoming a writer, she considered a few different career paths, a rock star being one of them. She studied English Literature and Creative Writing at The Open University, and considered journalism as a career path. However, she decided writing was the way for her and believes all of her education and reading prepared her for it. 

Julieanne also writes under the pen name J.A. Lynch.

An avid reader, Julieanne has always had an encompassing fascination with folklore. When not writing, she enjoys crime series such as Criminal Minds, CSI, NCIS and Cold Case, and loves anything with Vampires, listening to metal, meeting new people, drinking lots of green tea, and sharing her dreams with her children. She is a self-professed goth wanna-be,and is happy when left to write into the early hours of the morning. 

Julieanne's YA series, The Shadow World novels, is published by Vamptasy Publishing and thus far contains Within the Shadows. It follows the war between vampires and shadow creatures. Giselle Bergman, an 18-year old human girl, falls victim to a scheme by one of her closest childhood friends, and embarks on a journey that sees her become the center of a battle between good and evil.

Links

Purchase your copy for Kindle: 


My Review:  December 2013   ~ Review Copies ~


A Dance for Fools (Rose Saga, #2)A Dance for Fools by Julieanne Lynch
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

First, I would like to thank the author Julieanne Lynch for giving me this book for an honest review. I liked this story, but it was a very short story and for me that meant not enough about the characters to really get into the story. Also there were a few editing problems that need to be addressed. I like the thought of the story, but as is I feel that it is missing so much of the story. But remember this is just my opinion and I like to read novels, where you have more time to really get to know your characters.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment